Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

This Week

You might think that I gave up my experiment since there have been no posts in the last 7 days. But that is not the case. I have still been sticking to my $25 budget and making meals from my stash. I didn't do a menu plan (for lots of good reasons), but we did eat.

Monday - Pizza (from the construction budget since we were at HD for a LONG time)
Tuesday - Soup & grilled cheese (hubby was sick)
Wednesday - All-star Chicken from MGFK
Thursday - Spaghetti with meat sauce
Friday - Who knows what tomorrow will bring? I better go dig something out of the freezer!

My shopping trip for this week happened on Sunday evening. I completely missed the fact that Publix closes at 8 pm on Sundays so when I wandered up to the register and saw all of the front lights off I felt awful. It was a good thing I had kept good track of my totals and didn't have to send anything back. I was right up under my budget and spent $24.80. I didn't really make anything this week so there is no recipe of my own to share. I will point you to a yummy treat over at Edi's Exotic Eating Experiment. She made Apple-Cinnamon Burritos this week. I might try these for breakfast next week if I remember to buy apples.

No comments: