Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Beefcake

We had beefcake for dinner tonight... and I don't mean as a guest! Instead we had Beefcake au Poivre from My Girlfriend's Kitchen. Bruce declared it "very tasty!" Then, when he discovered I was quoting him, he amended his response to, "it had a light wine sauce taste but the mushrooms kept it down to earth." All in an effort to appear more high falutin' of course!

I have to say the directions on all of my MGFK meals are super easy to follow, but they don't all stand up to my taste tests. The flaw in this one is that the meat was too greasy, so when you put greasy meat in a pan with 1 T of olive oil, you end up with a lot of grease to drain off. Ick. The wine sauce did thicken up quite well though.

In an effort to expand our vegetable repetoire, I sauted asparagus after I put the beefcakes in the oven. I was a little nervous since I couldn't recall ever cooking this long vegetable at home, but they came out tender and still bright green!

As a side dish, I had planned to make Herb Butter Rice-A-Roni. But that takes a long time so it was a no go. Instead, I had a bag of Lipton Dirty rice and threw that in the microwave for perfect timing of my meal. I used up the rice from my stash and a meal from the freezer. The asparagus was my fresh produce purchse for the week.


Beefcake image at top courtesy of FoxNews.com.

No comments: