Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Menu Plan for the Week

Fortunately, I have some spare time this evening to get my menu plan all made up. here's what is on the menu for this week.

Monday: Meatloaf Muffins (homemade from my freezer) with Mac & Cheese
Tuesday: Beefcake au Poivre from MGFK, with asparagus
Wednesday: Broccoli Rice Quiche, using rice leftovers
Thursday: BBQ Pork with Rice-A-Roni and green beans
Friday: Leftovers? Soup & Sandwich?

I did this week's grocery shopping on Saturday. I would have waited until Sunday afternoon, but we ran out of milk on Friday and I love milk, so I had to go a day early. My total at Publix was $24.19, but I forgot to take a picture of my receipt. It's now in the bottom of my trash can so I am sure you are glad I'm sparing you the visual.

I have to confess that I did add 1 thing to my stockpile this week. Bruce really likes Gatorade and Powerade type beverages and Wal-mart had the 20-oz bottles of G2 on sale for $0.50 each. That's right, half a dollar! Normally these cost $1.50 at the conveinence store where Bruce would normally pick one up. The hope is that he will remember to keep a couple of these in the fridge and grab one before he heads out. The bottles are probably too big to pack in his lunch box though. I decided these were worth the cost because they might encourage Bruce to become more hydrated. He doesn't drink enough water. I suppose technically I have to declare myself over budget becaus I bought 48 bottles and spent $24 plus tax.

No comments: