Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Night Firsts

Now, I haven't made a habit of posting about my family here, but since this is a food related blog, I thought this video was appropriate for this EatingItUp journey since our dear daughter is helping us use up our stash.

This is a video of the first time she ever ate something other than momma's milk. Click here to see her eating her first meal - think of it as a 6-month old's birthday present! Be warned, though. The file is 129 MB, so it will take a while to download and you'll need Quicktime to watch it.

I have several containers of mashed bananas in the freezer from a time I purchased them on clearance sale. They were something like $0.19/lb. The only way I knew to keep them and not waste them was to mash and freeze. I decided this would be the best food to try based on days of reading everything I could find online about baby's first foods, including this site. We gave her about a tablespoon's worth just so she could get used to the idea of having a new texture and taste in her mouth. I think you will see that she liked it. And some of those faces are priceless!

No comments: