Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day One

Today was the first full day of my Eating It Up experiment. I looked in the freezer to see what would be easy to get started with and was pleased to find some chicken that had already been flavorized and was ready for baking. When my mom was here after my daughter was born she made up several freezer meals for us to enjoy in the weeks ahead. They were a real blessing and I was surprised when I found this last one (I think it's the last one anyway) hiding in my freezer.

It was meant to be the sample bag for my mom to take home with her since she had not tried either of the recipes I requested she make up for us. But, I guess she took the wrong one, so we ate it up tonight. There were 3 Parmesan chicken cutlets and 3 honey mustard chicken cutlets (recipes below). We baked them up at the same time. My husband had the honey mustard chicken and I had the parm chicken. It was all rounded out with a box of frozen seasoned veggies.

Both of these recipes work well in the freezer and are super easy to whip up on the spur of the moment. I was glad to find the again.

Parmesan Chicken
1 lb chicken cutlets
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I prefer Kraft ParmPlus)
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Rinse and dry chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, coat each one with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes until done.

Honey Mustard Chicken
1 lb chicken cutlets
1 cup honey mustard dressing
2 cups crushed corn flakes
1 bunch green onions, cut into small pieces

Preheat oven to 350. Rinse and dry chicken breasts. Mix green onions into honey mustard. Dip chicken honey mustard dressing then in corn flakes. Try to cover as much of the chicken as possible. Bake for 20-30 minutes until done.