Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Still On Track

One might think that my ~2 week absence from posting on this site means that I have abandoned my EatingItUp experiment. But that is not the case. I just haven't had a lot of time lately to take pictures of and post my receipts. This week I am pretty much on target, having spent a little bit over $30, counting my trip to the bread store. It helped that I found a $30 Publix gift card lurking in my wallet. I was prepared to over spend a little today anyway because I decided to make some lasagna and a dinner for a friend who just had a baby. As it turns out, I only needed the cheese for the 2 pans of lasagna and the pasta for the Fiesta Chicken dish I made my friend.

My receipt looks super long because my favorite Green Giant frozen vegetables were on sale for $1 this week. I bought 10 and the cashier decided to ring them up individually. I am a little low on the produce purchases for the week and still need to find ways to add fruits and vegetables to our diet. I can honestly say it is not a budget issue, but a taste issue. My husband and I like main dishes and pasta. Even I, who grew up always being served a vegetable with dinner, sometimes just forget to prepare one. And by the time I've got the rest of the meal done, I don't feel like waiting for the veggies to be made. At least we still have the applesauce in our lunches.

I'll post a menu for next week when we get closer. Right now, I'm on Spring Break and am going to go play with my daughter while my lasagna finishes baking in the over!


No comments: