Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Breakdown

I broke down last week and went back to My Girlfriend's Kitchen. They were running a great deal - 10 petite meals for $70, that is a 30% savings over the regular price and WAY lower than any other deals they've had recently. At that price, I couldn't really pass it up.

Yes, I know... that is still more than I would spend by going to the grocery store, shopping sales, and making the meals myself. But given the way we've been eating lately, this is just something that my pantry and freezer needed to keep us from alternating between cereal and spaghetti. My husband loves me, but I am starting to push the boundaries of that love; if you know what I mean.

After my most recent trip to the grocery store (last Friday), I am re-committed to keeping my weekly trip under $25. I just have such a hard time passing up good sales when I can combine them with coupons. Case in point, Honey Bunches of Oats was on sale BOGO Free. I happened to have coupons for $2 off 1 box. Sooo... I bought 4 boxes for $1.16. Can you blame me? It was a good sale and we do eat a lot of cereal, but I need to just stick with buying milk to put on top of the cereal.

My total was ~$35, but that included buying breakfast for our Life Group class to eat on Sunday morning. I've done that for 3 weeks in a row now and think it is time for someone else to take care of it. The only problem is, I keep forgetting to pass the sign-up sheet around.

No comments: