Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

D is for DumDum

Here we are... already in the 4th week of my journey with food through the alphabet. I think this is my 7th TT post? Wow... time flies!

  1. DumDums - This little pops are so cute. I like to pass them out to my students when they get a question right. Ironic?
  2. Doritos - Just like the Cheetos from last week, my favorite part is licking the cheesy residue off my fingers.
  3. Duck - I ate this for the first time when I was in China. I was amazed at how much I liked it.
  4. Donuts - Krispy Kreme??? Take my advice, don't try to eat these warm with ice cold milk. When it all mixes up in your stomach, the feeling isn't right.
  5. Drumsticks - This is my favorite piece of the bird. I love cold, fried chicken and would eat both drumsticks if the dark meat wasn't as good for you as the white meat.
  6. Drumsticks - This is one of my favorite ice cream novelties. I remember getting them from the ice cream truck when I was a kid.
  7. Dumplings - I've only really had these at Cracker Barrel, though I do have a package of frozen dumplins in my freezer.
  8. Dates - I ate my first one when I was teaching VBS in high school. It was much stickier and sweeter than I thought it would be. I should try them again some day.
  9. Dill - I've already made it clear that this is my favorite spice.
  10. Dip - Onion Dip, spinach-artichoke dip, cheese dip, anything that I can scoop onto a hearty tortilla chip or ruffles is A-OK in my book!
  11. Daichon - I have no idea what this is. Isn't it kind of like a radish? I'd google it, but am trying to avoid that. I hope someone leaves a comment telling me.
  12. Do-si-dos - I am not a fan of this particular Girl Scout Cookie, even though it does contain peanute butter. I am told though that they are quite popular in my area, along with Samoas, something else I don't understand.
  13. Deer Meat - Technically this is called venison, but my V list is still a long ways off and you will have forgotten by then that I have already used this food. I've had it once that I can recall and it was sooooo... yummy! Anyone want to kill a deer and have me over for dinner? I'll bring the bacon to wrap it in.

Go to the official home for Thursday Thirteen for more list fun.

5 comments:

Juliana RW said...

Creative D post :D

Will you visit mine Thanks

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhh, mmmmmmm, cheese snacks. Of any kind. Now you have me craving doritos. And Krispie Kreme? No...didn't like them myself...too 'lardy'. LOL

Have a terrific Thursday...my t-13 is posted too, it'll take a bit of doing to comprehend it all, but it's worth a shot. Come see if you can decipher it.

Neen said...

I love Dum Dums, the cream soda ones are the best!

She Became a Butterfly said...

i'm amazed at all the foods you're coming up with!
she
http://www.shebecameabutterfly.net

Ivanhoe said...

Ohhh, all the good stuff - doritos & dips. I actually prefer white meat - more dark meat for you :o)
Happy TT!