Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

E is for Egg

I must admit that coming up with my E foods list was a little tougher than expected. Let's just say the cows ought to be happy this week because I'm pickin' on the chickens!
  1. Eggs - fried, poached, scrambled, over-easy, sunny-side-up, hard-boiled, soft-boiled. Can you think of any more?
  2. Elephant Ears - One of the ultimate fair foods ever! I remember thinking this was the bet way to spend my food money at the fair because they are so big and relatively cheap. As a little kid, anything bigger than my head was sure to fill me up.
  3. Egg Salad Sandwich - This is one of my favorite comfort foods. I ate these a lot in college, and prefer them on the Publix White Mountain Bread. Mmmm...
  4. Egg nog - I only buy this once, maybe twice a year. And then, just the small container. My husband liked it so much and knows he can only have it between Thanksgiving and Christmas. He doesn't want to waste it so he only has a little bit at a time. We usually end up throwing half of the first container because it expired before he finished it.
  5. Eel - the only way I like to eat eel is on my sushi, teriyaki style. As a matter of fact, I think eel is my favorite kind of sushi.
  6. Edible Paper - I had some of this recently. It was wrapped around a Japanese candy. Edi and her kids ate something like this last December.
  7. Energy Drinks - Given my need for sleep you'd think I'd know all about these. But I don't. I've seen people drink them and practically jump out of their skin. These drinks scare me.
  8. Eggplant - I've successfully eaten this in restaurants. I remember a napoleon made with eggplant once that was divine. My attempts at cooking this deep-purple vegetable at home have been less so.
  9. Endive - This has to be one of the most elegant vegetables ever. Once, at a fancy restaurant, I had an endive salad. It was 3 single leafs of endive, drizzled with a bacon vinaigrette with crumbled goat cheese. Yummy!
  10. Eggo Waffles - Lego my eggo! My brother and I used to reenact the the commercials in our kitchen. Pretty dorky, isn't it?
  11. Earth's Best Baby Food - except for food that I have made myself, the only food my daughter has eaten is Earth's Best. It is all organic and comes in cute little glass jars I can reuse for canning.
  12. Earl Grey Tea - This is my mom's favorite tea. I don't drink tea as often as I would like.
  13. Extract - My favorites are vanilla and almond. I've even used them to make homemade coffee creamer.

On a side note, while I did not use it for this list, I found a neat food encyclopedia online.

Check out more Thursday Thirteen fun here.

2 comments:

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

egads, now I am exceedingly hungry. And you have no idea what time it is here. I should be in bed, not eating!

Nice list. Mine is up, too.
http://casadecruz.blogspot.com/

alisonwonderland said...

i like my eggs in an omelet and i love eggplant parmesan. i think i'm hungry!

thanks for stopping by! happy TT!