Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

C is for Casserole

I could just list 13 different casserole recipes, but then I'd probably have to go online to look for them. So instead, here are 13 foods that start with the letter C.


  1. Carrots - yummy steamed with a light sprinkle of Splenda

  2. Cottage Cheese - I would not eat this on a train. I would not eat this in the rain.

  3. Candy Corn - I eagerly wait for this each Halloween season and by the time I finish 1 bag am so sick of it I don't need it again until the following October.

  4. Chicken - fried, diced, grilled, baked, broiled, roasted, just call me Bubba!

  5. Cereal - Lucky Charms anyone? I seriously think I could live on cereal alone if I needed too.

  6. Cherries - Ranier cherries in the summer might be my all-time favorite fruit. I just wish they didn't cost $7+ a quart!

  7. Cheetos - my favorite part of eating this snack, licking the cheese off my fingers!

  8. Chocolate Cake - everyone thinks devil's food is the evil cake, but they are wrong... it is just chocolate cake that will be my undoing, especially when it is moist with rich, fudge-like frosting!

  9. Coca Cola - or coke, soda, cola, pop, or whatever you call it in your part of the world. This reminds me of one of my favorite things to do at EPCOT. They have this little station where you can taste all different types of soda from around the world. Some are pretty yucky, like the apertif from Italy. But I really like the watermelon one from Japan.

  10. Cheese - makes everything better, except Chocolate Cake, you can't really improve on perfection.

  11. Cranberry Sauce - I tried to make this once in a blender. My cranberries wouldn't stay in the bottom so I pushed them down with a wooden spoon. Big mistake. There was no cranberry sauce at Christmas dinner that year!

  12. Candy - put some peanut butter and choclate together and stick it in my mouth... these two ingredients make the perfect candy

  13. Cookies - for that matter, peanut butter and chocolate also make the best cookies. A Girl Scout Tag-along anyone?

I made it through my 6th edition and am already working on future lists. Visit Thursday Thirteen for more list fun!

5 comments:

Mia Celeste said...

I like most of the foods/ treats on your list. Yum. Happy TT!
otherworlddiner.blogspot.com

kay said...

Good list, and I even like cottage cheese. That's what I'm having for lunch today, with an apple!

Anonymous said...

Love your list!

My favorites that are on your list is...

Candy Corn, Chicken, Cereal, cherries (I love Sonic's Cherry Dr. Pepper, Coke Cola, Chocolate cake,....oh wow...now I am hungry and I have already had breakfast!

WONDERFUL TT!

Sarai said...

Okay I really shouldn't read your list in the morning until I have eaten. Gawd now I'm hungry.
Great idea!!!
Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Let's see...
carrots - I like them raw
cottage cheese - eat it almost daily! Good with yogurt or with peaches inside!
candy corn - yuck!
chicken - I am right there with you (although I really like the way Chick-fil-a does it!)
cereal - not so much a lucky charms fan, but I like other kids
cherries - YUMMM
cheetos - addicting, so I can't buy them
chocolate cake - man oh man - keep me away or it will be gone!
coca cola - while I enjoy coke, it pales next to a nice cold Dr. Pepper
cheese - most of them are good, but I have smelled some cheeses before that made my stomach turn!
cranberry sauce - I have only had it from a can!
candy - yes, as long as there is chocolate, it is worthy to enter my mouth
cookies - chocolate... although I do enjoy oatmeal raisin too!

Great list