Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Spaghetti Stick

Does anyone else ever have a hard time trying to figure out how much dry spaghetti to make per person? We never seem to get it right at our house. I usually make too much and Bruce usually makes too little. And those times when I measure it to get exactly one serving (like when I am on Weight Watchers), I always laugh at the portion size. It is about half of what I really want to give myself.

Bruce recently asked me to buy him that gadget with the holes in it that suggest how much pasta you need for a certain amount of people. I do try to be frugal so when I found this one at the local thrift store yesterday for only 25 cents, I just scooped it into my basket... without even really looking too close.

I seriously doubt it is going to solve MY portion size problem though... at least Bruce and teenagers will be eating well.

1 comment:

Rebeka said...

I've seen those too and have always been a bit skeptical of them! For what it's worth, when I make most pasta dishes for me and my husband, I do a half a box (about a half pound) and that usually is enough, with maybe a small portion left over for lunch or a snack the next day. With some dishes (spaghetti with turkey bolognese, penne with vodka sauce), I make the whole box...because the leftovers are too good to pass up! :)