Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Oops!

Last week I didn't plan a menu. That resulted in us eating spaghetti and sandwiches for dinner most nights. Surprisingly, Bruce was a very good sport about the spartan meals. I don't think he minded too much though since it meant fewer pots and pans for him to clean up.

I didn't post it yet, but I did make a run to the grocery store last week. It was a little early on in the week, but I went on Friday night. Here is my receipt:
I know, I know... I altered it. I spent over $30 and you are probably wondering why did I scratch through some of the items? The explanation is simple... we went to Disney the next day and I needed to pack a lunch. I knew it would be cheaper to buy sandwich stuff than try and eat in the park (it was), so really those groceries took the place of a meal out while we entertained some friends for the day. That's why they don't count and I officially declare myself UNDER BUDGET for the week. :)
Now, I am preparing to go out and do our grocery shopping for this coming week. I'll be back later to post my receipt and my menu.

No comments: