Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Non-food Stash

I mentioned my non-food stash at the very beginning of this blog and made the decision that it wouldn't be part of my experiment here. Instead, it has become its own game, a whole other creature. I thought it might be fun for some of you to see what I did at CVS this week to build my non-food stash, and to see pictures of where it is currently organized.

First, here is a picture of what I bought today. I spent $5.12 for everything you see in the first picture. I did this by rolling my ECBs and using CVS coupons that I either got at the store or in the mail. In exchange for my time and diligence, CVS gave me another $78.04 to spend next time I am in their store. To make it easier to spend, that amount is spread out over several ECB coupons though.
(2 blood sugar monitors, 3 boxes allergy tablets, 5 toothbrushes, 3 tubes of toothpste, 3 dental picks, 2 boxes of Tums, and a pop-up tape dispenser with 2 refills)

I have 6 shelves to hold my non-food stash. This is pretty much everything that I have, except for a few items that I know we will use in the very near future. Those are stored in our master bathroom. Here are the top two shelves. They hold cleaning supplies, some office supplies, and, on the bottom left, lotions. Some of the lotions were in gift packs, but most of them came to me free. As a matter of fact, everything in my stash was free or nearly free (less than $0.50).

On the middle two shelves, I have health and beauty aid heaven! More than 12 bottles of body wash, 20 tubes of toothpaste, several deodorants, toothbrushes, various hair care products and lots of sponges.


Finally, the bottom of this pantry is pretty random. I have smelly things (like the kind you plug in, spray, or leave on the counter), various medicinal items, and women's razors (mostly Intuition).

As I look at my well-organized pantry, I do see that I am very blessed to have discovered CVS and ECBs. If I can keep this up, I will never have to pay for toothpaste, tooth brushes, body wash, deodorant, or lotion again!

3 comments:

K.C. said...

Don't you love doing things like this? Looks like you have got some things pretty well organized... KC

Grandma said...

You always have loved finding bargins! The blogger that turned you on to CVS must be so proud :)

Jes A. Bella said...

Thanks for the comments and help on AddisonsSuperMomdotblogspotdotcom! Quick Question, I keep wanting to do the Blood Glucose Monitor one, But what do you do with them? I don't need them, just the ECB. Do you donate? I have so much CVS stuff I even ship it off the Alabama for my brother and sister-in-law and thier 3 kids. My mother, husband and I are sometimes overwhelmed, but yes, we never pay for personal care products! And the more people I can help out with saving money, the better I feel! Call it a personal accomplishment...