Welcome! If you are new to Eating It Up, take a moment to read my concept post.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

F is for Fruit

This list, my 9th edition of Thursday Thirteen, wasn't too difficult. I came up with it pretty quickly.
  1. Fruit Loops - Not my personal favorite cereal, but I did see it featured on a poster I liked. It said, "Be the Fruit Loop in a bowl full of Cheerios."
  2. French Fries - Is it safe to assume that we all know they aren't really french, they are Belgium?
  3. French Toast - This isn't really French either, I don't think.
  4. Funnel Cake - Greasy, fattening fair food doesn't get better than this. Unless it is topped with powdered sugar and mascerated strawberries.
  5. Flounder (or just plain fish) - This was the only kid of fish I remember even knowing about as a kid. I didn't discover salmon or tilapia until after I graduated from college.
  6. Fudge - I am not a huge fudge fan, but I do like fudgey brownies and fudgey cake frosting.
  7. Frosted Flakes - Another cereal! I like these better than #1, and they are best with bananas or strawberries on top.
  8. Fruit Salad - Just like with a regular vegetable salad, this tastes better when someone else makes it. One time a long time ago, my friend Barbara made one with sour cream in it. I think it was the best fruit salad I ever tasted.
  9. Filet Mignon - Beefy heaven. I can't afford these at restaurants anymore, but oh man, these are good. Makes me wanna go and grill something.
  10. Fruit Juice/Punch - I don't drink this sort of thing because it has a ton of sugar. I'd rather waste my sugar on chocolate.
  11. Flour - OK. Technically, not a food in and of itself, but it makes all the baked goodness in the world possible. And who wants to live without baked goodness?
  12. Figs - The first time I tried these I was an assistant teacher for a 3rd grade Vacation Bible School class. We were sampling biblical foods. I was surprised that I liked them, though I don't think I've had then ever since.
  13. Flapjacks - Hey, no one said I couldn't use slang terms in my list. Who doesn't love a stack of fresh and fluffy flapjacks?!

Can you think of anymore F foods to add to my list?

Visit the home of Thursday Thirteen for more list fun!

5 comments:

Sandy M said...

Now I'm hungry. Great list. Happy TT.

Meg said...

Fritios!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm..... I'm hungry! Great list!

Renaissance Woman said...

Okay first I love your concept! And I love to clip coupons, but couldn't figure out the grocery game when I logged on several months ago. But after I saw all of the items you purchased for so cheap...I wish you could help me. I am going to deep reading this to figure out how to be a super saver!

Jennifer said...

The first thing to do then is find my post about my non-food stash (done in the last week or so) and read the link to CVS 101. Start there and then come back if you have any questions!